MG-Rover.org Forums banner

741 - 749 of 749 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #741 (Edited)
Every little helps as they say...
Have a look on the base... I love recycling and diy-ing everything with all my bits & bobs, i.e. my old rubbish...
Mind that the lamp can't fall at all!
Initially the arm was intended to be screwed on a desk or table. Too cruel...

I'd already given my younger son the other worn front vented brake disk to make a table mat. My lovely in-law who is architect adores that kind of stuff!

Reactions: Roverlike

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,677 Posts
Innovative. I hope you cleaned all the black brake pad dust off before putting it on that tablecloth!

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #743
Innovative. I hope you cleaned all the black brake pad dust off before putting it on that tablecloth!
I did. Previously it had been a table mat for a while after being cleaned, sanded & lacquered. Never missus would have allowed me to put it on the table without! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #744 (Edited)
And the little goodie of the month: a Rover tyre tester with dual graduation (KGS / LBS).
Zoom on the pic to see the central badge.
But I bet it's older than the V6, possibly made earlier for SD1, P6, P5?
Has anybody any clue?
I must add that it doesn't look working: every tyre I can test, it reaches the max at once!
Just as a souvenir...

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #746
Apparently it might have been part of the P4 toolkit as figured below:
Rover P4 tool kit complete

Well regarding the price of the full set (£185) I've paid my tester 10€ (£9) hence I'm not that robbed... :p

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #747
Rummaging about in the family medicine cabinet, I found those antique bottles some of them being older than me!
Thanks to the seller details & well knowing the family history, i assume that one was my great grandparents' (oil of cade, rue de Rome Paris 8e), two others my grandparents (glycerine, rue d'Assas Paris 5e & medicinal oil for hands, route de la reine Boulogne) and the last (sweet almond oil, Roquebrune Cap Martin) my grandma Davis'.
Some of them may have perfumed and smoothened my baby buttocks! :ROFLMAO:

But what have all those tatty bottles to do with Rover you may think?
Simple as that: sweet almond oil may be a royal treatment for my 75 dashboard, glycerine or medicinal oil for hands for the door rubbers and oil of cade for engine bay hoses, all those very close medicines being well known to give back some elasticity and protection and fighting against cold & hot.
Worth a try IMHO and nothing to fear. Maybe some interesting fragrance as well...
I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,677 Posts
View attachment 136550

But what have all those tatty bottles to do with Rover you may think?
Simple as that: sweet almond oil may be a royal treatment for my 75 dashboard, glycerine or medicinal oil for hands for the door rubbers and oil of cade for engine bay hoses, all those very close medicines being well known to give back some elasticity and protection and fighting against cold & hot.
Worth a try IMHO and nothing to fear. Maybe some interesting fragrance as well...
I'll keep you posted.
No need for an air freshener in you 75 then!

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #749
It will be a very interesting experience: I'm imagining what oil of cade may smell under the bonnet when engine is hot...! o_O:unsure::D

741 - 749 of 749 Posts