Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
Reactions: gnu

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #683
Mmmhh ! Nicely you say and politely as well ? I'm a bit doubtful though... :unsure: :giggle:

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #684
As I haven't got any automatic dimming mirror in my comfy cabin and I dislike bright lights in front of me at night, I thought one of these ones might be of any help:

As I'd got a 5€ voucher on the flea bay, I've just ordered those ones which are 5.49€ worth! Total: 1.49€ including shipping costs! As you can see I'm not a big gambler! :ROFLMAO:
Has anyone of you tried them? ?

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #685
Driven the young girl to a ball yesterday evening.
But of course it's not she who intends to waltz in the ballroom! :LOL:
Once more I was stunned by my PIAA H1 & H7 HYPER ARROS 3900K uprated bulbs, driving on dark country roads: it does make a massive difference and with such a light - compared with the former ones - I don't care to fit any Xenon, it wouldn't worth the price, because in that case I'd to change both whole blocks as well. They say it's +120% brighter: it's very true! Even it may look a bit more expensive, it's worth entirely the money. I've just to know now how long that will last. At the moment I'm definitely a very happy customer... (y)

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #686
Ordered today from SGS a pair of bonnet struts & another one for the tailgate. Mines are looking tired at the front and very tired at the back after 21 years. I've just picked the tip from the other forum and the video provided by the first member who made the purchase is amazing and doesn't need any kind of justification.
Rover 75 Bonnet, Boot & Tailgate Gas Struts

Besides I've put on once again my yellow glasses yesterday evening: it's absolutely fab and very useful IMHO: I'm not any longer harshly blinded when a car is coming at night in front of me. Moreover instead of that large halo of blurred light I was perceiving before, now I can clearly distinguish the shape of any light. Essential.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
I put bonnet gas struts as an upgrade to my ZS when I had it - much better than fiddling around with the support bar!

I was impressed to see the ZT had them as standard when I got it. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #688
I've just found out by chance that something was still missing in the car even 2 years & a half after my purchase, or - let's be precise - outside below the body: both front jacking pads ref. KAV100014!

Ordered at once at Rimmer's. I'd had a look on the bay but the price being very close and shipping costs more expensive Rimmer's was an evidence.

Reactions: gnu

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #690
BTW I've just received my front jacking pads from Rimmer's. Fitted in just the time to say OK!
But why were they missing / taken off / broken?
I'm delighted: one more item back in place in the car. I hope nothing more is missing now (but the worned brake warning cable & pads, but it may easily last a pair of years before being swapped back as it should for that damned red warning is no longer popping up from the dash & infuriating me!).

But... there's always a but... it looks now that both my SGS bonnet & tailgate gas strut kits have been lost by La Poste somewhere in Roissy airport. SGS answer has been very fair:
"I apologize that you have still have not received your order.
I have arranged for your items to be dispatched again. Hopefully, these will arrive with you as we do want you to receive your order.
Apologies again for the inconvenience.
"
Hence I'm avidly waiting... :p

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #692

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #693
As Lady Carlotta is exempted to catch the dreadful disease - so far I haven't heard anywhere that Rovers were prone to that kind of failure! - she was nice enough to drive us to a fine restaurant we didn't know yet.
And well advised we were for our crazy PM has announced that all & every single trade but food suppliers are due to close from today midnight!
On the other hand the polls will open tomorrow: find out any logic... :rolleyes:
We are now compelled to behave like rats lying low in flats or houses! Ludicrous and nonsensical... :sick: :mad::devilish:
Nobody can escape his/her fate... It's more in our DNA than in useless precautions...
Covid19 doesn't attack only lungs but also brains... :giggle:

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #694
Cock-and-bull story!

Guess what?! :unsure:
The first bunch of struts has just arrived home at noon today after a 3 weeks journey and a fortnight vagrancy around Paris-Roissy airport! o_O
I would everybody here to know how helpful, reliable, fair & obliging Cara Trevey & SGS were in that matter. (y)(y)(y)
But as very nicely they've sent me a second similar parcel, I feel very confused now. :eek:
As you may guess, I don't intend to keep what I haven't paid for and as a consequence isn't mine.
On the other hand you may understand as well I can't send them back the second parcel - when it arrives - at my own expense.
Hence I've just sent them an E-Mail and asked what they are waiting me to do.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #696
Are you sure this is the first parcel sent and not the second?
I am. The reference number on the parcel does tell the tale...

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #697
A bit of work as long as parcels are still coming so far...
New rear struts in the boot in the morning:

New front struts under the bonnet in the afternoon:

The difference is massive from the genuine old ones, which looked like bike pumps! It reminds me the miserable condition of the 4 shock absorbers when I bought the car in 2017!
Here are the old ones (Lift-o-Mat BMH500010 & BKK500020) with the leaflet given by SGS within the parcel:

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #698
I'm really impressed by my new struts! How efficient they are: bonnet & boot are popping up immediately and going up effortlessly! What a change...
BTW not to get too many cobwebs under the bonnet, the V6 had a lovely 50km (31 mls) drive yesterday taking us to a dairy to get delicious yoghurts, then to a bio farm for vegetables. Both as you may guess weren't in the same place indeed...
What a divine bliss to enjoy a while landscape & nature along sunny country roads... It helps to bear restrictions with lighter relief...

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #699
As I'm opening both garages every day provided the weather is not too cold or rainy, to ventilate the cars and avoid moisture, my Cowley beauty is nearly covered now with a slight coat of... yellow pollen!
They are the joys of living in the countryside!
I'm not complaining, feeling deep empathy and solidarity for the poor folks trapped in towns.
I'm hoping we have not too many weeks to wait now...

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,490 Posts
681 - 700 of 715 Posts