MG-Rover.org Forums banner

661 - 680 of 718 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #661
Rain, rain and more rain. Just for a laugh. I turned the wipers and lights onto automatic. For some strange reason. Everything worked perfectly. The wipers didn't go crazy. The lights didn't have a mind of their own. Perhaps Jaguar's sensors were tuned to the perfect British Summers day?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #662
Well. You learn something new every day.

Pages ago. I mentioned that I had replaced the rear drivers side window mech. I also mentioned that the one touch worked for the window going down, but not up. It turns out that there's a reset procedure.

I used the one touch to lower the window. Once fully down. I lifted the button until the window was fully closed. I kept the button lifted for a further 2 seconds, then released it. The one touch now works for the window going up and down!

Hooray!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #664
A spider has taken residence in the Jag. It built a web on a headrest above the rear seat. I am not happy. I have removed the web. The spider has been given an opportunity to live elsewhere. It has until the vacuum cleaner is fully charged..........

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #665
Hot poop news!

In a survey (Me looking at a row of parked cars), it was found that flying ants prefer Jaguars. Dacia, Ford and Renault were left on 'Nil Points' as the fat spider inside my Jag handed out the awards (In the shape of sucked dry flying ants!).

Seagulls showed their approval by 'dumping' on the Dacia.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I also mentioned that the one touch worked for the window going down, but not up. It turns out that there's a reset procedure.
I used the one touch to lower the window. Once fully down. I lifted the button until the window was fully closed. I kept the button lifted for a further 2 seconds, then released it. The one touch now works for the window going up and down!
Hooray!

Useful feature. I wish I'd that one on my 75.
I guess it's given by your owner's handbook, am I wrong?
Always useful to read it but a bit boring & tiresome in the long run...
I love experiencing out myself on the ground without being supervised by a book or a leaflet ; but in case of emergency or when I'm lost I'm looking for something precise and I'd rather use the index.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
In a survey (Me looking at a row of parked cars), it was found that flying ants prefer Jaguars. Dacia, Ford and Renault were left on 'Nil Points' as the fat spider inside my Jag handed out the awards (In the shape of sucked dry flying ants!)
Seagulls showed their approval by 'dumping' on the Dacia.

I would be stunned to learn that flying ants or seagulls are choosing their cars... Better four our pride & joy to try avoiding those guests... :wink:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #668
Useful feature. I wish I'd that one on my 75.
I guess it's given by your owner's handbook, am I wrong?

Sadly. It wasn't from the handbook. It was from the Jaguar Forum. The handbook doesn't even tell you how to change a spark plug (or even what spark plugs are used)!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #669
Why is it, that everyone on planet Earth thinks that you have a mobile phone? I do a fair bit of on-line shopping and have a number of accounts. For the past couple of months. I've been asked for my mobile phone number. I DON'T have a mobile phone! I've now resorted in using my car phone number. Here's the rub though....

I register my car phone number. They then sent a security code number to confirm that it's my phone. I then have to go out to the Jag and retrieve that text that I've been sent. I think you can guess the rest.

What a pain in the neck! They'll be in for a shock if they try to ring me. They'll never be able to get hold of me.

Idiots!

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,451 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #671
Funny thing is: I don't have a use for a mobile phone. Although I've fitted a phone to my Jag. I only did it because I could. The only calls I've made were to ensure that it worked! Oh, and to leep the SIM card live (and that was to a speaking clock).

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
Summer is over and the leaves are beginning to fall. I thought it was time to do those little things that needed doing before the weather changes for good.

Checking the fluids was first. Only the windscreen washer bottle needed topping up. After that came the eviction of the unwanted passengers. As the temperature drops. Spiders look for a place to hide However. Their webs tend to give them away. It's quite surprising how effective a vacuum cleaner can be. Mind you. They'll be back!

It was then out with the oil can. Hinges galore wre oiled. When you've got a Jag. The last thing you want is a door or boot lid that creeks when you open it. That just wouldn't be right.

The number plates are getting a bit tatty. I really need a new pair. However. My choices are a bit limited. I'd really like a pair of plates with GB at the end, but with the Union flag above it. I can have GB, but with the EU circle of stars. Sorry folks. I'm British, not European. I can have the Cross of St George with ENG below it. Hmmm. I'm British, not English, or I can have a plain plate, but I'd have to use an oval GB sticker on the boot if I go abroad.

Ho hum.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #673
Well. Just wrapped up the last job of the day.

With the daylight hours getting shorter and more demands being put on the electrical system. It was time to give the battery a top-up.

In a surprise twist. It didn't take long. Less than an hour. Considering that I've been using my motorbike most of the time. The Jag was only used once or twice a week. The battery was in a good state of health. I've no idea how old the battery is (It was with the Jag when I bought it), but it's nice to see that some batteries last longer than expected!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #674
WOW. A third Post.

Have you ever wondered what those elastic straps in the boot are for? Well. On the Jaguar Forum I'm with. A little light has been shone onto the subject.

On that Forum. A member put up a list of extras you could get for a Jaguar. One such extra was a first aid kit. On Some Countries, a First Aid kit had to be carried as standard (When I was in Germany. You had to carry a Warning Triangle and a 5Ltr can of petrol). It makes sense (When you're mass producing a car) to have a dedicated place in the boot for it. I'd bet you a pound to a penny that one of the elastic straps in the boot of an X-Type is for the First Aid kit.

As it happens. I do have the Warning Triangle (It was fitted as an extra at the factory). It fits on the underside of the boot lid. I can still get the First Aid kits. I'll add it to the list.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #675
Time for a rant! Now. This is not the first time that this has happened. It's the second.

I took the Jag down to the petrol station for some petrol. Being a nice sort of person. I pulled up behind a car, where the owner was paying for his fill-up. I could've used the vacant pump that I was next too, but since the driver was only going to be a minute. I waited, so a car could pull up behind me.

A minute later, the driver appeared and got in his car. Then nothing. He just sat there. Another minute passed and nothing. By this time I was getting annoyed. I decided to use the pump that I was next too.

I filled up and replaced the nozzle. That damm car was still there! As I walked past. I snuck a look at what the driver was doing. He was looking at his tablet! WHAT???

It was only when I had finished paying that he pulled out of the forecourt. What a JERK! Oh. He was driving a BMW.

In the other incident. The driver was looking at his smart phone. His car was an Audi!

Is there a common theme here?

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I've got another good one for you.
My wife was keeping her pace respecting a 50 km/h (30 mls) limited section, followed by an obviously annoyed driver.
Then a turnabout, my wife made a 3/4 turn on the left and noticed astonishingly that the mad driver had made the same turn but on the wrong side of the turnabout (in France!) to overtake her!
Which was that delicate gentleman's car brand in your opinion?
A BMW!
I shan't make any comment not to look rude... :surprise:

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
People were getting hot under the collar where I filled up last week. Pulling off the road an orderly queue formed where 1st in got the next pump. Of course certain drivers failed to understand this a swept in nabbing pumps that were recently vacated. Big arguments. I wasn't really sure who did what but a number of people were having a go at each other!

:daft: :twak2::starwars::taz::angry::cus::wooman: :shake:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #678
At the risk of getting a slap on the wrist for going off topic and getting political. A bit of ironic humour....

Apparently. The German automotive industry are currently up in arms about the UK leaving the EU without a deal. They estimate that they would lose £50,000 a minute. British road safety campaigners are delighted at the news, as there would be fewer BMW's and Audi's on the road.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #679
Even though I've had the Jag for just under 3 years, I still look though the listings on Ebay. Although the asking prices are falling for the X-Type (These cars are getting older!), I still got a bargan. Just for a spot of nostalgia. I look at the asking prices for the Rover 75 and 25. These 2 cars are now few and far between. But what's this? The asking price for a Rover 25 is going up! When I sold my 25 (To make way for the Jag). It went for a pittance (Considering the condition and spec when I sold it). I find that I'd need twice the amount of money I got for it to get another one!

Have people finally woken up to the idea that these cars are actually good?

661 - 680 of 718 Posts