MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a mg tf 135 03 plate last year I replaced the head gasket water pump and timing belt since then done 700 miles . I’m wanting to test the fans now the radiator fan has never come on the temp just sits below halfway but I’ve only had it in winter so for. Today I’ve got into the engine bay and pulled the black connector off on the piece coming out the engine the radiator fan comes on when I reconnect it still runs is this normal and is this working as it should ?.
Next the engine bay fan this has a external sensor just near the bonnet release catch when the black connector from the engine is taken off it doesn’t run nor does it when I take the blue connector off . But when I take the connector off the engine bay sensor it engine bay fan comes on . Is everything running correctly . Just never heard any fan kick in

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,093 Posts
Sounds like both are working, I would expect the engine bay fan to come on at all at this time of year, in my experience it has to be a very hot day and even then it is hit and miss. Same with the rad fan, I’ve just changed the cam belt and water pump so even after leaving the engine to run I can’t get it hot enough for the rad fan to come on.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,596 Posts
I find the rad fan will come on after 15-20 minutes of idling in my drive (my TF is SORNed at the moment and I run it up once a week to recharge the battery and dry out everything).

·
Registered
rover_75
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like both are working, I would expect the engine bay fan to come on at all at this time of year, in my experience it has to be a very hot day and even then it is hit and miss. Same with the rad fan, I’ve just changed the cam belt and water pump so even after leaving the engine to run I can’t get it hot enough for the rad fan to come on.
Cheers Chris T
Just wanted piece of mind it’s working

1 - 4 of 4 Posts