MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1481 - 1493 of 1493 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
How many miles has that done? Pity they did not make the ball joint replaceable on its own.
At that low mileage (for a Honda), was it the rubber cover that had failed letting muck get in - case of mileage not bad, but car is presumably something like 20 years old, so rubbers will be getting tired. I'll keep an eye on mine.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Had to replace the rubber 2 years ago.
The damage had probably already been done then.
New arms arrived today
Also got a nice rattle gun as an early Xmas prezzie

Sent from my Plus E using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Changed the other side this afternoon.
Didn't need doing,but as I bought both sides it seemed silly not to.
Hmmmm bought as a pair.This 1 is from a different manufacturer and it would appear the joint is replaceable

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
welded the rear sills on both sides today.
Ordered a pair of replacement rear calipers as the passenger side is showing signs of weeping from the handbrake.

Just need to measure the fuel delivery and return pipes and order plastic replacements,vroom vroom.

·
Registered
733 Posts
fake red lead paint applied to the welded sills this afternoon.
Yes, the term "Red Lead" when used on paint now only refers to the colour and not the chemical composition. For corrosion resistant paint, I'm a big fan of zinc phosphate paints, but the best one only comes in 2.5 litre cans, which is a bit more than I usually need.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thinking about it, any reference to red, lead or oxide in describing a paint just gets confusing now. A really good paint is going identify itself as a zinc phosphate primer, could be any colour.

They always put that nice shiny plating on calipers, but it never seems to take very long for it to disappear! Good luck with the weather.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Other bits arrived today.
Pipe to replace ageing fuel line and copper washers for the new calipers
Fun packed weekend ahead if it doesn't rain

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi i was at work shop we changed rear abs sensor but the error still continues may be its the abs ring ??? which makes issues?

1481 - 1493 of 1493 Posts