1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Date of first registration: 2002
Model: 75 CONNOISSEUR SE CDT TOUR A
Colour: GOLD

She was well cared for and has no swirlies in her paint. She was running well with MOT and high spec tyres when I turned her off in 2017, and she has sat there patiently ever since. I am now selling her parking space near DARTFORD and she has been served an eviction notice. A banger racer was due to collect this morning but has not shown up.

PM me if you want to intervene.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She has gone! :cry:

For what it is worth, she started and drove as good as new, which is a testament to how well those cars were built.

What went badly is that the buyer tricked me. I described the car as physically complete, no modifications, and that I knew of no reason why it cannot start - but that it had stood still for several years so probably won't start and could be unsafe. We agreed order fulfilment would be with a flatbed truck, no DVLA breaches, and so on.

What actually happened is that they wanted to see if the car would start in preparation to load onto the flatbed, which he said was on its way. I allowed them to look into this because I suspected parts may have broken (water ingress or whatever) and that it could take them a while to get her onto the flatbed. As it happens she started straight away, he revved it, and then sped off before the flatbed arrived and without leaving his details for the DVLA forms. Reported to police :eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts