MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife fancies one of these for the ZS. With the current MG-R situation, would appreciate any advice on these, particularly from those who used them on their ZSs. Factory 'bargains' or after market alternatives ... all advice welcome...

Thanks in advance.

Me? I use OS maps and notes...

Not lost just yet though ...:lol:

signed

Dino Saur ...;)

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Was sat nav available for the ZS?

Thought only traffic master was. Sat Nav was a ZT option IIRC.

Personally I use a PDA with Tomtom for this as I use the PDA for other things.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Daytona said:
I have a Navman iCN510and can swop it between cars or use it on foot with the built in battery.
Works for me!
Hubby and I also use this to swop between cars. Works for us.Unless you do a lot of miles seems crazy to have one specially fitted to one specific car.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
There was an official Sat Nav option for the ZS but it just sat on top of the dash like any other third party solution.

I'd go for TomTom as recommended it's pretty good. If you don't want to buy a PDA there's always the TomTom Go.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Stu said:
Was sat nav available for the ZS?

Thought only traffic master was. Sat Nav was a ZT option IIRC.

Personally I use a PDA with Tomtom for this as I use the PDA for other things.
another vote for pda with tom tom and speed camera database.

·
Registered
mg_zs
46 Posts
Sat Nav was an option for the ZS, you could order the vehicle with a Becker System, which are still available, and it incoperates radio Single slot CD player, and Nav unit. To fit one to an MG you need the unit of course and a Satnav Arial, which you route onto the top of the Speedo Pack ( under the dash)
It takes roughly 20 mins to install, and can reccomend them as I use one, How ever a PDA,Ipaq or Tom Tom, will be a More portable system

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Bazza said:
PDA and TomTom all the way.
Ditto...and someone to help get the best prices :naughty:

I was saying in another thread....its a great advert for Sat Nav....

I was driving up north, had the addresses of some places i was visiting up north as word files on my PDA(Transfered from my Pc earlier in the day) Found them, and looked them up on the Sat Nav...drove to them. Whilst out and about, got hungry....Used the POI to find the nearest ASDA, found it was 3 miles away, navigated to that and had a sandwhich, then back on track to my next visit.

Its great:bgrin2:

·
Registered
947 Posts
technician said:
Sat Nav was an option for the ZS, you could order the vehicle with a Becker System, which are still available, and it incoperates radio Single slot CD player, and Nav unit. To fit one to an MG you need the unit of course and a Satnav Arial, which you route onto the top of the Speedo Pack ( under the dash)
It takes roughly 20 mins to install, and can reccomend them as I use one, How ever a PDA,Ipaq or Tom Tom, will be a More portable system
What is this sat nav like? It is fitted to the ZS 180 I am due to take delivery of soon.
Does it give voice commands?
Can you listern to a cd & use the sat nav at the same time?
Is it compatible with a cd changer?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Thanks Matt. How does it manage to play CD's and Navigate at the same time?
Is there any chance that I might be able to listern to MP3 through it some how?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I dont think it can do Mp3s.

Its alot better with the changer as you can leave the nav cd in the slot all the time. If theres no changer you have to put the nav disc in to calculate the route. Once calculated you can remove the nav disc and stick some music in and it will remember the route you programmed in.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
The sound quality from the becker is fantastic by the way. Even on the factory speakers its pretty good. Would think you would want to upgrade the speakers at some point to make the most of the system.

·
Registered
rover_800
11,774 Posts
Garmin Ique is the best and now resonably priced, the discs can take you all over the world, she can be a bit annoying we call her the "b1tch" but it is very very accurate and never had any problems........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts