MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have aquired a pair of Rover 75 saloon roof bars. Thing is, their missing one of those triangular toggle things that one would use if roping. Also, one of the lock slot flap covers. I don't suppose anyone has these items kicking around. Thanks, Adam

·
Registered
rover_600
161 Posts
I am assuming your roof bars are the ones that go across the roof O/S to N/S and not the roof bars that screw into the roofs trapped nuts under the buttons in the finisher strip.
Adam what make are the bars you have and are the rectangular cross section or aerodynamic. I ask as I should have a set of Thule mounting parts for aero bars that I picked up in 1999 whilst down in Cornwall drove down with car 580 mile trip bought wet suits for the kids, wind break, three surf boards and two boogie boards. Was going to go to Halfords to buy roof bars and box. But saw a add in local shop window. Picked up roof bars aero section mounting kit for a 75 Saloon and a 370 litre half width aero roof box all made by Thule. The owner had had his year old 75 written off and had bought a Volvo. I got his roof rack and box and lots of bits including head light protectors for £70 the lot. I fitted the lot that morning before going to Perrinporth the head light protectors were acrylic covers that went over the lens lovely one got broken on the way home that year cheaper than a new headlight. Also got a set of Lexus style rear lights in the bundle. Never seen another set since. The box of roof rack bits is in the garage around the bench area. May have the bits you need.
Alan
There is a sign in the garage saying beware of the tiger but I think it was a dig at the eight foot high pile of parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts