MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Rover 45 speedo not working abs light on

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Carlos84000 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I’ve got my neighbours rover 45 on my drive with a fault on the speedo not working and the abs light on. The car belonged to her father who passed away recently. It’s only done 24k and is immaculate inside and out. Drives and smells new. It’s been sat for a wile and had a new battery fitted but afterwards the speedo stopped working and abs light came on. Just wondering if anyone has come across this in the past and fixed it. I’ve read threads on all sorts of stuff related but I’m swayed more to front wheel sensors but not sure which side picks up speed. Any ideas?

#2 ·
If it’s a late model then I think you are on the right track. Check the front abs sensors, wiring and the toothed reductor rings for damage. I’m not sure whether a particular side picks up the speed as I think the signals go into the ecu and that decides what’s what.

#5 ·
Hi. It was just a fuse in the end. I had a rover enthusiast who lived round the corner come round with a proper snap on code reader And the car wouldn’t communicate with it. He said try the fuses as this can be the cause when no code readers can connect with the car. Low and behold under the steering wheel there was a bank of fuses with a small 10 fuse shorted. Must of been when it had a new battery and the terminals was connected back up in the wrong sequence. New fuse fitted and it was working fine again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.