MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back from a trip today in my facelift (2004) 45 and found I couldn't open my boot with the fob, nor lock the car with it. Figured it was the fob battery, but changing it didn't help, nor did digging out my spare.

The central locking operates fine from the key, but the alarm goes off when I open the door, and the immobiliser is activated, so I can't move it (turns out the number I thought was the EKA, isn't).

The central locking button on the dash doesn't function, but everything else (wipers, washers, drivers window, horn etc) does, so I'm not sure if this is the usual BCU kind of problem or not.

Hoping someone has some advice for me, as it's about as useful as a brick right now!

·
Registered
55 Posts
hello i have just removed my pektron unit from my mgzs mk2 and sent it to Technozen of Brighton for the 5 relays to be changed
and the rest of the unit has been checked over at the same time.He as got a rig set up to check the operation once the relays have been replaced.i sent the unit off on the tuesday on special delivery and it was repaired and returned on the friday.so 4days in all.now the hard part. you need to remove the unit from behind the heater controls in the centre consol.
firstly disconnect battery leave 10 mins.remove the rear arm rest remove the radio.remove all the witches on the centre consol undo 5 screws holding the centre consol remove gear stick knob.i did undo the hand brake leaver to give more room to remove the centre consol.do remember to un do the heater cables atached to the heater unit removeing the panel under the steering wheel gives you access to the heater cables.the pektron unit is held by one screw/bolt behind the consol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts