MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found an electrically operated short black radio aerial that we could wire to our F's & TF's. Watching Wheeler Dealers last night they has a SAAB 900 1991 and switch on the radio and the aerial goes up. It was chrome type which would not suit us but there must be an electric out there that we could use from a more modern car. I have The MGF Cente car cover which fits like a glove but have to remove the aerial every time I put it on which is a lot this year so far.
Has anyone fitted the Dolphin Finn to the hardtop??:censored:

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Has anyone found an electrically operated short black radio aerial that we could wire to our F's & TF's. Watching Wheeler Dealers last night they has a SAAB 900 1991 and switch on the radio and the aerial goes up. It was chrome type which would not suit us but there must be an electric out there that we could use from a more modern car. I have The MGF Cente car cover which fits like a glove but have to remove the aerial every time I put it on which is a lot this year so far.
Has anyone fitted the Dolphin Finn to the hardtop??:censored:
ive had 'electric aerials' in the past and they dont last long...

·
Registered
1995 MGF Mpi
842 Posts
Why wouldn't a chrome aerial suit the F/TF? It's not like you'll actually see it very often, it will only be up when you are in the car, with the radio on, so really not overly visible to you.

·
Registered
MGF vvc Poko
791 Posts
I just installed an internal one.

Its powered so one side goes to the power on the radio and then it plugs into the aeriel socket. Its a shame the lead isnt 6 inches longer or it would be inside my tbar but instead its attached to the side of the cubby area with the leads tracking along inside the centre tunnel. Its just a short black box and tucked behind the seat not visible.

These are designed to sit inside the windscreen area because they are interfered with by a metal roof but with our cars fibreglass or fabric i5 should be fine. No need for an external aeriel, I had mine removed years ago as I rarely listen to the radio but thought I may as well add that function back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts