MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of getting the Ti back on the road I've also picked up a number of brochures, etc... off eBay

Price list (July 1999)

A Ti cost the princely sum of £22,180, £800 less than a 623GSi, the most expensive in the range

Sales brochure (Feb 1999)

Hmm, T series with a dizzy and a "Turbo" inlet manifold (maybe not a 1999 sales brochure), interesting to see the power/torque curves though

If it is a '99 brocure interestingly my car's colour, Epsom Green (HAF), not listed

Also got an accessories brochure. Of interest you could have a sort of external temp sensor, or at least Zero celsius warning, and also a rechargeable torch for the glove compartment

Thatcham insurance body repair manual; everything you could want to know on the body shell, literally to the mm

And a 623 repair manual supplement, thought this might have some general 600 information, but it's very specific for the 623

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Takes me back to the mid 1990's when I had 620's as company cars. I worked for company with links to Rover. We could only keep them until they got to 10,000 miles, then they went back to the dealers. They were great when they were new, so quiet, and you could easily cruise past 100mph on the motorway without knowing or intending it. It was safest to avoid 5th gear :).

Does the Thatcham manual offer any insight as to why they all start to rust at the forward area of the real wheel arch? It's been suggested to me that there is a "double skin" there which forms a water trap.

I'd like to know how much power my 22 year old 620 has lost since it was new.

B

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly the Thatcham manual doesn't show that much detail on the panel construction; it shows wheel arches are part of the rear panel construction, which is welded to the boot floor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts