MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sad times :( i was taking my gf to college and i was driving past a bike and then i had to brake and car started to struggle when in 2nd like it was in 4th :( then when i was at traffic lights car was misfiring and is running like a bag of spanners but managed to nurse her 20ish miles home

Managed to have a quick look at it before it got to dark i checked the timing first and it is out by 3teeth wtf !!! :'(
Not investigated why but tension of the belt seems ok tho so it is strange

·
Registered
rover_25
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So i managed to sort the her for now by taking off the timing belt and re timing her up and replaced the belt with a brand new BGA timing belt kit but i think she does have some possible valve damage as she doesn't run or pull as well as she did but she is working and is still drives nicely but can be abit slugish at times :( but i will sort it eventually :)

so here is what i found when i removed the belt it looks to be some fine plastic shreddings

and heres what was in the lower part behind the crank pulley

looks to be apart of the timing belt case which has some how broken and all i can think has wedge the belt causing the timing to just out :( but it could of been alot worse

but heres new belt in its box :) not got pics after this but she is still alive which i am happy about haha

·
Registered
rover_25
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
just to let everyone no that maybe interested i still have this car but may not have it much longer :(

·
Registered
rover_25
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok everyone this is a sad post for me after owning this car 8years it has now gone in pieces ?, as the car required alot of welding to both sills, a new gearbox and a new front sub frame (the one which holds the steering rack) As i didn't have the money for repairs i decided it was time to let go.

so i have attached pics of how the car was back when i painted it and how its ended it's life as no one likes to collect car shells it left my house literally in pieces in the back of my van.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok everyone this is a sad post for me after owning this car 8years it has now gone in pieces ?, as the car required alot of welding to both sills, a new gearbox and a new front sub frame (the one which holds the steering rack) As i didn't have the money for repairs i decided it was time to let go.

so i have attached pics of how the car was back when i painted it and how its ended it's life as no one likes to collect car shells it left my house literally in pieces in the back of my van.
I feel sorry seeing those photos. Farewell to your buddy.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts