MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope everyone is doing well in these times,

I have a problem with my mg zr 2003,

The immobiliser has kicked in and I cannot get the key into the door to sort the code out as it is damaged, I am waiting for a new lock and key for the door,

I was just wondering if I could possibly use the boot lock to put the code in?

Thanks all

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers peeps,

I put the code in then as I was re assembling the air box I noticed the battery was the wrong way round I haven't been able to test any fuses but electrics work and immobiliser led is no longer on constantly,

Any advice other than buy new battery and fuse???

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Just a passing thought no idea if it would work, if you take the door card off, you can see the lever that gets moved on the door lock as you turn the key, can you not just move this lever as though you were turning the key? If you can't actually turn the physical lock you may have to remove the steel bar to do this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a passing thought no idea if it would work, if you take the door card off, you can see the lever that gets moved on the door lock as you turn the key, can you not just move this lever as though you were turning the key? If you can't actually turn the physical lock you may have to remove the steel bar to do this.
The door card was off when I got the car and I have tightened the lock bolts more as the lock was moving due toto being loosened by a cowboy mechanic,

Thank you :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts