MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to re-initialise a previously working fob on my 05 TF using a PSCAN. Before attempting this it’s recommends ensuring the EKA is working as a last ditch method of using the car. I’ve read the EKA using the PSCAN and tried using it as per the instructions. It lets me enter the first and second digit but halfway through entering the third digit the horn starts sounding, the instructions suggest this shouldn’t happen until after the fourth digit has been entered. I tried carrying on regardless but having entered all numbers and opening the door the alarm isn’t disabled.

Dose anyone have experience using the EKA and if so am I missing a point?

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,204 Posts
Slight changes were made to the EKA entry procedures over the course of MG Rover car production, so you need to ensure that you are using the correct procedure specified for your model year of car (the entry procedure for Pektron equipped cars didn't change over the time those units were fitted).

Philip (the man behind pscan) has had problems with entering the EKA on a Rover 25 he has acquired, and has found by trial and error that he can make it work by changing the procedure. It might be worth taking a look at his thread in the Rover 25 section of the forum to see if it helps you at all. I had transcribed the different EKA entry procedures from the 25/ZR owners manuals onto that thread, plus he has described how he overcame his own issue of the EKA failing to work.

A non-working EKA seems to be an issue that does come up sometimes, and he has found that by using pscan to change (or re-enter) the EKA into the SCU, it then starts working as it should. His thread is here: 2004 25 Pektron cannot enter EKA

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having an issues too with the EKA. Horn doesn't go off and pips everytime I do the lock sequence.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does EKA code apply to the Chinese Longbridge cars ?
I have just bought one but didn't get any codes with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not sure to be honest. I would have thought its still using the Pektron system, but not too sure

·
Registered
262 Posts
I didn't have mine either (2010 TF) and after feeling vulnerable with a seized driver door lock I 'killed two birds' and asked 'Technozen' to update the scu relays. He read it off the scu data while he was working on it.
I think that there might be a web site that can provide eka (and radio codes) from the vin for a £20ish fee. Perhaps someone's got info?

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,204 Posts
EKA can be read from the SCU by any diagnostic equipment that can communicate with it - principally the Rover T4, but a T300 or pscan can also read the code. Having got the code, it is essential that you ensure that it works, and that you are familiar with the procedure for entering it as a number of people have found that the code does not seem to work, or that they have to modify the entry procedure to make it work (which I hope now brings us back to the subject of this thread started by MGBob ;)).

If you have a question not directly pertinent to a thread, it is always better to start your own thread rather than hijack somebody elses thread and steer it away from the original question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts