MG-Rover.org Forums banner

2161 - 2180 of 2197 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
I am extremely proud to say this is my new MG ZTT 190 in Trophy Yellow, one of only 26 tourers made on this colour

Having sorted everything for the MOT now I just have to await a booking day next month when im paid, but mean time ive been doing all the jobs ive wanted to and finally the car is "finished" as far as I can go without starting to spend chunks of cash on it.

Fitted the 18 inch hairpins from my silver 75 having done a swap of the old wheels for a set of flakey hairpins for the rough 75. Then calipers done in a custom mix as close to trophy yellow as possible using hammerite and a few other metal yellows. Rest of the running gear is done is a nice satin black hammerite also.

Bought some industrial oven cleaner (seriously!) and used it on the Hairpins to get about 12 years of road tar and dirt off them, good job and didn't lift lacquer or wheel weights off them being to strong.

Under the bonnet is still sparkling....

.....again the oven cleaner has came in handy here, lifting off dirt and tar lol.

And then for the interior, well this has been a labour of love. First of all the boot, previously used for transporting fishing tackle and a large black dog you can imagine the hair and general dirt found. Finally thats sorted. Ignore the last of the fabric freshener settling in photo.

Then came the hard part. Alcantara. Bobbled alcantara specifically, no rips in fabric but the worst ive saw on any zt or ztt yet, these are the end results of nearly two hours of very slow de-bobbling per seat.

(Again not a stain thankfully on seat, just drying out after cleaning gently!)

I then got round to cleaning the carpets by hand with a scrubbing brush and daz!

Ive sat on this seat upgrade for a LONG time waiting on the right car to fit it into, a rare fully adjustable passenger seat.

And finally fitted another rarity. The very early "real" Rhidium dash, was looking forward to that fitted as its quite a rare piece and was something I kept from the other yellow ZT to fit into a special car.

I am very proud with how its turning out.

I also have a set of original MG Rover skirts for her, and the motobuild rear spats and this front bumper extension along with a spare yellow front bumper from my previous Trophy Yellow 190 saloon.

·
Registered
482 Posts
My wife got this for me from Santa!

So that's a full set of black leather from another mg zt-t, with heating, Electric controls, memory seating and TV head rests also to connect to my double din. Need a little adaptor for them but will sort that in new year.

Full mg seated leather is ****** hard to find in a car, never mind come up for sale so this was a serious bit of luck.

As mine is an early 2002 I was lucky to have all the correct working looms for this upgrade so it's all in and ready to rock and it all works bar the heated seats but I haven't checked the fuse in the fuse box yet as my back has been bad for some time now.

And just had my alloys refurbished also!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Wood effect dash

Just fitted my Dark wood effect dash made for my by my good friend from NL, the wrap consists of a high quality 3M textured wood effect and a brushed aluminium effect wrap for the vents and hood.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Mk1 ZT 180SE

A lo of you may be familiar with this car if you belong to other forums.

After looking for 1 of these for a few years I was lucky enough to finally find this in August 2014. She is only 1 0f 6 Mk1 180SE's produced by the factory just before the introduction of the Mk2 facelift.

She had a few problems when I first got her, sunroof didn't work, sat nav and highline system didn't work, no heat into the cabin. aircon didn't work ,the rear exhaust box was rotten, plenums blocked solid and both the front sunroof drains had come adrift. All of this has been taken care of now, She's now in full time use and everything is working perfectly, most of the cosmetics issues have been taken care of and I love this car more every time I use her...Hope you like!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow that is a nice looking motor. Oh how I wish I had the sat nav in mine. Still got the missus lookin at a map shouting LEFT HERE....HERE NOOOO BACK THERE YOU PLONKER! Yes, we live in the dark ages still. Only one of six. Wasn't the SE reserved for the V8? Think I'm learning something new here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow that is a nice looking motor. Oh how I wish I had the sat nav in mine. Still got the missus lookin at a map shouting LEFT HERE....HERE NOOOO BACK THERE YOU PLONKER! Yes, we live in the dark ages still. Only one of six. Wasn't the SE reserved for the V8? Think I'm learning something new here.
Thanks for your comment: Nearly all the Mk1 SE's were V8's but there were 8 Mk1 V6's produced (6 180's and 2 190's).
If you ever see one the only way to tell it is a genuine factory SE is if the 6th digit of the vin is a G.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for your comment: Nearly all the Mk1 SE's were V8's but there were 8 Mk1 V6's produced (6 180's and 2 190's).
If you ever see one the only way to tell it is a genuine factory SE is if the 6th digit of the vin is a G.
I'll remember this advice if I'm ever in a position to get a SE model. I'd bet they're pretty hard to come by. Also with quite a premium price tag. It does look nice though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
About time I showed our Zt190+ Black Olive :)

Last ZT 190+ in Black Olive made out of 8.

Car has been in our possession for almost two years now. Fitted new DRL, Witter towbar and a NavAll1. Had the timing belts done and some other bits.

Thought it was time to show (off :D)

So here goes:

I am still in love with this car :mg_chic:

Greetz,

Sjonnie

2161 - 2180 of 2197 Posts