MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Survey from Rover 200 & 400 Owners club posted by GTIJohn, which I find very useful, so if you like it would be useful to participate in survey. I did.

Quote:"
---------------------------------------------------

The Rover 200&400 Owners Club are looking to improve the parts supply for the models covered by our club and we are now conducting a survey to understand the current situation amongst parts suppliers and how suppliers could improve their services.

Following discussions with the other Rover clubs in the Joint Rover Clubs (JRC) group, the survey has been expanded to cover all Rover models and the results will be shared with all JRC clubs.

If you would like to contribute to the survey please click this link - What makes a good supplier of replacement parts for your classic/modern classic Rover car?

It will only take a few minutes of your time, a little more if you are lucky enough to one more that one different model, it is anonymous and will run until the end of February.

Many thanks !

---------------------------------------------------
": End quote

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Done as well. (y)

Reactions: Roverlike

·
Registered
rover_25
1 Posts
Bonjour, je possède une rover 25 1.4 16V de 2001

Depuis l'application du Brexit le coût des pièces détachées achetées au Royaume unit est devenu prohibitif par exemple:
Pour des pièces commandées en GB chez Rimmerbros, les frais de douanes et de courtages augmentent la facture comme ci dessous de l'ordre de 45 à 58% les frais de courtages UPS étant fixes 18 € TTC

45,68 £ GB​
2​
12/02/2021 + 26 £ GB (Brexit)
£ 76.12​
1​
02/02/2021 + 32 £ GB (Brexit)

Existe-t-il des filières en Europe permettant de s'approvisionner en pièces détachées ROVER?

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is yet to be seen if and how parts can be ordered in Europe.
There is company allbrit.de but they removed all their part humbers from their site so one cannot see what he is paying for, which is not good option.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
What about second hand parts? I can take £430 worth of items across on the ferry to my father in laws house in France. This is an allowance.I hope I have that right. If parts are new I would be charged duty by the douane. If an item is proven to be purchased before brexit it can be moved. When moving things back and for I would need a receipt to prove tax paid and purchase time.
There are 2 loopholes in this. What if I was to buy one item travel with it pay the duty leave it in France. Then come back again with the same item. Show the duty paid from the last visit. Or drive the car to the uk for the new parts to be fitted. Last year I got an early booking turn around for £63. Normally it is quite a bit more. It is also a good job our cars are not made from cheese.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Bonjour, je possède une rover 25 1.4 16V de 2001

Depuis l'application du Brexit le coût des pièces détachées achetées au Royaume unit est devenu prohibitif par exemple:
Pour des pièces commandées en GB chez Rimmerbros, les frais de douanes et de courtages augmentent la facture comme ci dessous de l'ordre de 45 à 58% les frais de courtages UPS étant fixes 18 € TTC

45,68 £ GB​
2​
12/02/2021 + 26 £ GB (Brexit)
£ 76.12​
1​
02/02/2021 + 32 £ GB (Brexit)

Existe-t-il des filières en Europe permettant de s'approvisionner en pièces détachées ROVER?
@jeftours You can try OPISTO: it's a website of gathering scrap yards all over France. I've bought some Rover parts (the latter one was a R65 gearbox from a 216 for my 214 cabby with a one year warranty). Some mirrors if my memory's good and some other stuff. I'm very pleased and haven't any complain to do.
Anyway for brakes, dampers, even belts & the like OSCARO is a good port of call. Nevertheless some very special ones may be found at DMGRS, Rimmers or even some clubs sellers (75&ZT and 200/400). Moreover I've gathered several references on my shelves since 2 years because the problems would be obvious after Brexit.
However I was ransomed by DHL this very month because of a pair of springs (£45) but I made so terrible a fuss by phone (several times), Email (several as well) & through my lovely British seller that for the moment at least my cheque is still awaiting to be cashed. I think they may give up because of my stubborn harassment. I hate to be suckered!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts