MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...is painting the calipers.........

I also dewipered the rear but had to leave the boot handle as I only had a small grommet, still looks ok though.

Anybody else got any good uns??

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
yours doesnt have it.

theres usually some black vinyl type material on the back edge of the front doors and the front of rear doors on 5 door models. under this is just painted surface

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Looking good... but is this a dent or just the lighting playing tricks:

The red calipers look good against the hairpins and the black, though I'm not a fan of drums painted anything other than that.

Looks good though :)

·
Registered
mg_zr
59 Posts
Finished mine today too! :bgrin: In "MG Xpower" green, which is a bit 'Corsa boy',
but I'll probably repaint them next year the same colour as the Gunmetal Grey car.
I say "MG Xpower" because I believe no one knows the actaul shade of that colour. Some say use Kawasaki green others say Plasicote Garden Green which is what I went for.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a dent mate - and 3 holes drilled in the wing to try and pull it out haha.

Hey, it only cost £400 I can live with it for now!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Keeping the car clean!? :lol:

Such a cheap mod that many daren't do during to the regular maintenance it requires :D

...not that I always succeed with this mod.

·
Registered
2 Posts
received_760262027490382.jpeg
Shipped this Netherlands purchase back in 2018 to Africa. E tech, Gold calipers & Drums, 18" MG straights, (expertly refurbed) and second set of alloys in Anthracite, Graphite ice, Gunmetal gray. No regrets. Working on couple more (2005) 2.0 CDTi's (Automatic) Facelift, full service, A/C regassed, full transmission oil and coolant change, upgraded multimedia system in-car, Customising, window tints, wind deflectors, before seeing what the post Covid market will bring. Think one of them is the top spec version, auto sunroof, mirrors, rev parking sensors with reverse camera. Labour of love I guess

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the expected look for the Mk1 facelift job. Main difference is the double exhaust and will go with 18" MG multispoke straights. Front strut brace (under bonnet) to stiffen ride? Good or not recommended? Last one I fitted caused issues with bonnet closing too tightly so if engine heat insulator is removed might be better fit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts