MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
19 Posts
My 2003 cdt is on 218,000 at present. It was on 127,000 when I bought it in 2009.
I change the oil and filter twice a year regardless of mileage. I use Comma semi synthetic which I get at a good price at local Boyes shop a short walk away and usually buy genuine Rover filters off ebay or DMGRS.

·
Registered
rover_25
41 Posts
To quote the smart arse guy at work that we all know:

"How many head gaskets has it gone through?"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure how my comment went onto your post
Suffice to say it’s sold to the 1st person who came to look at it, I achieved what I asked for 😄

·
Registered
rover_75
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great for a k series (n/a?). Is it the same engine from new and has any engine work been done, apart from service parts?
Hi sorry for the late reply it had a mls gasket fitted at 55000 then I fitted another at 175000
But this last 3000 miles dues to my ignorance I changed it for a elastromer type gasket as the liners were levelish with the block . I change the oil often and filters

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,708 Posts
Hi sorry for the late reply it had a mls gasket fitted at 55000 then I fitted another at 175000
But this last 3000 miles dues to my ignorance I changed it for a elastromer type gasket as the liners were levelish with the block . I change the oil often and filters
3 head gaskets in 200 k miles :unsure:
Was the last MLS leaking when you changed to elastomer?
Tbh I usually use an elastomer when I do a HG now, as a level 3 thou protrusion of the liners is rare from the engines I’ve seen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts