MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My MGF has been sitting for a few months and was never particularly well looked after before that. I’m doing a bit of a lock down restoration and am almost ready to start painting. In preparation for that i have removed the roof and tried to give it a clean. On the whole it’s not too bad now but there are a few places with moss circles that won’t come off with a scrubbing brush. Does anyone have some cleaning tips to remove this and something to get it back to black as it has faded somewhat also.

cheers,

karl

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
It doesn’t take too much neglect to make them look awful. I made the mistake of putting a waterproofer on mine that stained it in while blotches. This year, l cleaned it with a jet- washer and re coloured it. The result? Brilliant! I shall now do the Clk !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what did you use to recolour? Didn’t think you could that... did you have any of these round stains on it and did they cover?
cheers,

karl

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Renovo renovator. It’s an easy job and takes about 1/2 hr. just apply with a brush to a clean dry fabric!

·
Registered
mg_tf
313 Posts
Apologies if this is common knowledge, but always start to dye or treat from one side and work to the middle. Then go to the other side of the car and work from the middle to the door side. It is often tempting to start in the middle and work to the side, then go to the other side, but this can leave a ‘dry edge’ effect in the middle.
Kind regards,
Gareth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts