MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
Can anyone help me with a part number for my MG TF 160, and or a parts supplier for the coolant hose which is attached to the underside of the header tank bottle, which from what I can see then attaches to the oil cooler it has a plastic T' peace with two short hoses one of which goes to the oil cooler.

Any help be much appreciated.
Regards
Mike.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,041 Posts
Welcome :)

What age is the TF as later cars fitted with PRT thermostat may have slightly different pluming to early TF’s?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome :)

What age is the TF as later cars fitted with PRT thermostat may have slightly different pluming to early TF’s?

I should have put the year lol, It's a 2005 model.

·
Registered
mg_tf
72 Posts
HI,
Can anyone help me with a part number for my MG TF 160, and or a parts supplier for the coolant hose which is attached to the underside of the header tank bottle, which from what I can see then attaches to the oil cooler it has a plastic T' peace with two short hoses one of which goes to the oil cooler.

Any help be much appreciated.
Regards
Mike.
From my experiences last year I think that you will find that this hose is no-longer available anywhere - (only fitted to the 160 because of the oil cooler).
For what it's worth I tried to make up a replacement using a tee piece of the largest bore I could find to fit the hose from the header tank, but discovered the whole made-up assembly caused too much restriction to the return flow. I reverted to the original pipe after a close inspection of said pipe, reasoning that , as it was on the 'cool' side of the engine and subjected to the 'cooler' return flow, it was less likely to fail compared to some of the other pipes.
I suppose an assembly could be made up using a larger than standard set of pipes with reducers at the points of attachment but I guess it would be a bit of a pigs ear to fit!
BTW, the original pipe is a continuous moulded item with with 3 attachment points and no fittings included in its make-up.
Not very helpfull I'm afraid, but perhaps something to think about!
Cheers, B.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From my experiences last year I think that you will find that this hose is no-longer available anywhere - (only fitted to the 160 because of the oil cooler).
For what it's worth I tried to make up a replacement using a tee piece of the largest bore I could find to fit the hose from the header tank, but discovered the whole made-up assembly caused too much restriction to the return flow. I reverted to the original pipe after a close inspection of said pipe, reasoning that , as it was on the 'cool' side of the engine and subjected to the 'cooler' return flow, it was less likely to fail compared to some of the other pipes.
I suppose an assembly could be made up using a larger than standard set of pipes with reducers at the points of attachment but I guess it would be a bit of a pigs ear to fit!
BTW, the original pipe is a continuous moulded item with with 3 attachment points and no fittings included in its make-up.
Cheers, B.
Cheers, B.
Many thanks for the information, I was thinking along the lines of making up a pipe should I not be able to find a replacement.
Regards
Mike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts