MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
ROVER 414 SI 1.4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys . Am new here and from Portugal. Hope someone can help me. I love Rover and have also a Rover 414 si from 1997 with 1.4 Engine 103 hp

2 days ago i do a exhaust gas test . But my CO Values in my exhaust gas is really bad . I dont know what i can do

The engine has 172.000km

What i have do before :

Oil and filter change with Valvoline Maxlife 10w40
New Denso iridium Sparkplugs
New spark wire set
New lambda sond
New Catalytconverter (from Uk) klarius rv8009
New center muffler

I have change many things but my CO Values in my exhaust gas is bad . To High. 1 86%

I dont know what i can check. Hope someone can help me . Because is important for my Portuguese inspection (like uk mot)

Thanks
Daniel

Enviado do meu SM-A207F através do Tapatalk

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,778 Posts
Was your catalyst converter heated to proper temperature before the test? If cat is not on correct temp before the test it will show too high CO as elements within cat will not start to reduce CO at low temps. You either need to drive it good before test, or rev the engine good before test while stationary.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Try running through a product like Forte to clean the fuel system, combustion chamber and exhaust system.

·
Registered
rover_25
248 Posts
the catalyst you got (New Catalytconverter (from Uk) klarius rv8009 ) is just a cheap aftermarket one which barely work if at all, you would be better off finding a second-hand genuine one.

failing that, unburnt fuel is getting into the exhaust, this could be a valve leakage problem or a timing issue, or a fuel/injector issue

·
Registered
ROVER 414 SI 1.4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the catalyst you got (New Catalytconverter (from Uk) klarius rv8009 ) is just a cheap aftermarket one which barely work if at all, you would be better off finding a second-hand genuine one.

failing that, unburnt fuel is getting into the exhaust, this could be a valve leakage problem or a timing issue, or a fuel/injector issue
Really you think this cat is not enough or Not good ? I though this is a Euro2 cat?

·
Registered
ROVER 414 SI 1.4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was your catalyst converter heated to proper temperature before the test? If cat is not on correct temp before the test it will show too high CO as elements within cat will not start to reduce CO at low temps. You either need to drive it good before test, or rev the engine good before test while stationary.
Yea i have do it . 10 km highway with speed 120km . And BP Ultimate 98 gasoline

·
Registered
ROVER 414 SI 1.4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have also use LiquiMoly Valve and Injektion Cleaner

·
Registered
ROVER 414 SI 1.4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys maybe the crankcase ventilation? How i can test the pcv valve?

I will also testing the ignition coil and throttle potentiometer, maybe failure in the ignition. Or the throttle potentiometer send wrong information to the ecu .

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,778 Posts
Yea i have do it . 10 km highway with speed 120km . And BP Ultimate 98 gasoline

Not sure what means "98 gasoline" but I am using 95 without any problems on emission.

·
Registered
rover_25
248 Posts
Hey guys maybe the crankcase ventilation? How i can test the pcv valve?

I will also testing the ignition coil and throttle potentiometer, maybe failure in the ignition. Or the throttle potentiometer send wrong information to the ecu .

there is no PCV valve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts