MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,772 Posts
That might be since you say you have V reg which would mean that your car is manufactured in 1999. There were no Honda engined 1.6 cars from that year only Rover engined 1.6 cars.
I do not know how you ordered your CV joint from them. You might get this CV Joint - J&R Trading (UK) Ltd instead of this CV Joint - J&R Trading (UK) Ltd. Later link is the one I posted above since I entered that your car is made in 1996 with 1.6 engine which would mean you have Honda engined car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is what I know for centain.
Logbook states year of register 1/12/1999
Engine number on the logbook starts with D16B2.
And I know for sure its the Honda engine. because when you lift the bonnet, the egnition distributer is on the driver side.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Alot of online searches also show D16Y2 fiited to rovers. where as mine on the logbook states engine numbers starting with D16B2.
I dont understand this. was there rober 400s fitted with 2 different honda engines?

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,772 Posts
This is what I know for centain.
Logbook states year of register 1/12/1999
Engine number on the logbook starts with D16B2.
And I know for sure its the Honda engine. because when you lift the bonnet, the egnition distributer is on the driver side.
Fine, but if you enter rover 416 with year of production 1999 you will get Rover 416 engine and you might get wrong part. Year of first registration and year of production are not the same thing. I am just trying to explain you things which mightmease your life in searching for parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
oh ok, get it now. anyways J&R have issues with their website, because when ever i enter the search using reg number it says i have used up all my search allowence for the day.
but it will let me enter car details manual. so i will try this as you suggest using 1996

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,772 Posts
Alot of online searches also show D16Y2 fiited to rovers. where as mine on the logbook states engine numbers starting with D16B2.
I dont understand this. was there rober 400s fitted with 2 different honda engines?
D16B2 should be Honda engine which is implemented in the Rover 416 automatic.
D16Y2 should be Honda engine which is implemented in the Honda Civic

·
Registered
10 Posts
D16B2 should be Honda engine which is implemented in the Rover 416 automatic.
D16Y2 should be Honda engine which is implemented in the Honda Civic
Great this clears a bit more. But this still leaves me with fact I am still not able to get the correct part.
My apologies J&R trading did not send wrong part. I called them direct and they told me they do not have stock after giving them reg.
The one part that is coming up on the website it out of stock even thought it is showing in stock on thier website. also item details state its for both ABS and non abs.
Its a risk of losing money because I wont know specs on part. they also are not able to provide OEM part number-honda or rover.
£26 is alot to risk specially I have already lost £50 when I got 2 wrongs parts.
So far everything is pointing to the idea of non avoidable scrap options, the car if I am not able to replace parts.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,772 Posts
If you do not get answer here you might ask at rover200.org.uk forum. Maybe members there might have spare part to offer.

EDIT: Just forget what I said above. I just saw that you already asked same question on that forum before.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,772 Posts
I came across another part number for CV joint which is UNIPART GCV1119. However I have problems confirming if that is correct part number for your CV joint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That might be since you say you have V reg which would mean that your car is manufactured in 1999. There were no Honda engined 1.6 cars from that year only Rover engined 1.6 cars.
I do not know how you ordered your CV joint from them. You might get this CV Joint - J&R Trading (UK) Ltd instead of this CV Joint - J&R Trading (UK) Ltd. Later link is the one I posted above since I entered that your car is made in 1996 with 1.6 engine which would mean you have Honda engined car.
If I place the order under 1996 production year. it may invalidate returns/refund because i wont be able proof this. I usually stick with whats on the logbook which 1st Dec 1999 which year of registration from new, you are correct car may have been stored in factory or dealer until it was registered with dvla in 1999.
Either way if I take the risk and order the part, I still will face the of garages charging thier time if the part fits or not. usually 1 hour labour. so a possible of £50-
I came across another part number for CV joint which is UNIPART GCV1119. However I have problems confirming if that is correct part number for your CV joint.
is this Honda Part number?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I place the order under 1996 production year. it may invalidate returns/refund because i wont be able proof this. I usually stick with whats on the logbook which 1st Dec 1999 which year of registration from new, you are correct car may have been stored in factory or dealer until it was registered with dvla in 1999.
Either way if I take the risk and order the part, I still will face the of garages charging thier time if the part fits or not. usually 1 hour labour. so a possible of £50-
If you do not get answer here you might ask at rover200.org.uk forum. Maybe members there might have spare part to offer.

EDIT: Just forget what I said above. I just saw that you already asked same question on that forum before.
Ok

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,772 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie here; I have a 2004 MG ZS with front end body damage and need a few parts. I believe that there a lot of identical body parts with a Civic EG/EK. I need the bottom radiator support, crash bar, radiator shroud etc. Can anyone tell me if they are identical, none of this "should fit" stuff please, I don't want to waste time and money getting wrong fitting parts :)

·
Registered
rover_25
247 Posts
Newbie here; I have a 2004 MG ZS with front end body damage and need a few parts. I believe that there a lot of identical body parts with a Civic EG/EK. I need the bottom radiator support, crash bar, radiator shroud etc. Can anyone tell me if they are identical, none of this "should fit" stuff please, I don't want to waste time and money getting wrong fitting parts :)
they're different

21 - 35 of 35 Posts