MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im a neewbee and just recently bought my first mg zs in trophy blue and i cant get the grin off my face at the mo!! However it has an intermittent problem-i took car to a car wash recently (4wks ago) i normally handwash etc but after driving away the car was accelerating then losing power. it did this about twice then it was fine. i carried on my journey only to pull out to overtake on the dual carrigeway and i had a sudden loss in power-would not rev at all dropped to 20mph!! Pulled over and switched off. Left it,restarted and all was ok.Never done it since till lst night while drivin thro some heavy rain.Cruisin at 70mph when all of a sudden no power again!!Engine light does not come on however i noticed that if i pressed the accelerator and held the revs steady it would rev then back off rev then back off. switched off again,waited then restarted all was ok! purred like a kitten all the way home!! Hasnt done it since!1 Help!! its drivin me nuts! Any light shed on this would be much appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all im a neewbee and just recently bought my first mg zs in trophy blue and i cant get the grin off my face at the mo!! However it has an intermittent problem-i took car to a car wash recently (4wks ago) i normally handwash etc but after driving away the car was accelerating then losing power. it did this about twice then it was fine. i carried on my journey only to pull out to overtake on the dual carrigeway and i had a sudden loss in power-would not rev at all dropped to 20mph!! Pulled over and switched off. Left it,restarted and all was ok.Never done it since till lst night while drivin thro some heavy rain.Cruisin at 70mph when all of a sudden no power again!!Engine light does not come on however i noticed that if i pressed the accelerator and held the revs steady it would rev then back off rev then back off. switched off again,waited then restarted all was ok! purred like a kitten all the way home!! Hasnt done it since!1 Help!! its drivin me nuts! Any light shed on this would be much appreciated, thanks
mines same fuel filter clogging up mg says take it down motorway they say.
I say fix the problem before an accident happens

·
Registered
1 Posts
mines same fuel filter clogging up mg says take it down motorway they say.
I say fix the problem before an accident happens
Hi
Yes same problem car is still in the garage as they cannot find a cause for the loss of power, even had to go with the technician for drive to see if it happened when I was out with them it didnt as it is intermittent, they wanted me to take it home but i insisted they hold on to it until they find a cause of the fault.

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,407 Posts
12 year old thread ;)

Are you both posting in the right section of the forum?

You have posted in the Rover 40045/MG ZS for the Honda/Rover HHR, but from your post you sound is though you may have the SAIC MG ZS? In which case, you are unlikely to get much help here, and you need to post in the ZS SUV (2017 on) forum section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts