MG-Rover.org Forums banner

301 - 306 of 306 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
Tidier than my garage atm! Most of the walls are covered by shelves or hanging stuff so not much room for posters. I do have the 75 ZT meet magnet (fleet air arm museum) on my tool rack though. ;)
It's because the cabby garage is the smaller.
The larger one is the V6 one and it is packed with most of the stock on shelves and tools as well, even in an old refrigerator ! :p

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
That's because the cabby garage is the smaller one. Most of the stock and tools are located in the V6 garage, on numerous shelves and even in an old réfrigérateur ! :p

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
Following my medicinal finds in the family farmacy
- see The last fleet admiral -
I've done a further job in the cabby this time.
In the 75 I hadn't used the oil of cade so I took the opportunity of a go under the cabby bonnet.
But what's oil of cade? Surprisingly it shares some common links with the little evening delicacy of the late queen mum: gin! It comes indeed from the same shrub: the juniper, not exactly the same one, but same species. Anyway I'm not going to be boring with that: you can find out everything you need from Wikipedia.

My old oil of cade - untouched since 70 years or more & still with its original cork & cap - is incredibly thick & dark: you've to wait to get drops out, increased by the thin neck of the tiny bottle.
My wife said that it has an hydrocarbon smell. Hence with a curved brush I've coated every black hose visible & accessible under the bonnet (coolant, steering & the like). Bonnet being always open in the garage, there's now a distinctive smell floating in the air outside the cabby & under the bonnet! And very shiny aspect as well. Don't know what will happen with the smell and look when hoses will be at 90°C!
And another very useful extra: oil of cade is an excellent rodent repellent!

BTW I've used the medicinal oil (my lovely grandma Davis ages ago - I know well her writing - had added on the label 'for hands') on the front seats to nourish the leather. But what's 'medicinal oil' and what's made of: it will remain a mistery...
They look bright now but I'll rub them with a clean and soft piece of cloth before we sit down next time!

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
Tada!
Here is her twin sister (100cm x 70cm):

Original French poster (about 1992/1993 I guess). It looks rather scarce.

Reactions: Roverlike

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
Yesterday was rally day with my club.
Despite lots of gust coming from South-East (warm air well know here as 'vent d'Autan'), I put the hood down and I was the only one to do so among roadsters and convertibles around such as MX-5, Porsche and a few others. My fellow countrymen look rather chilly...
Here is my better co-driver working hard on the road book while a short break in front of a lovely medieval castle called 'Belflou' in the Lauragais area (South East from Toulouse). Don't feel sad: she finally got out for a walk in that magnificent surrounding... :giggle:

Reactions: Roverlike
301 - 306 of 306 Posts