Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #242

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
At last I've found it!
Here is the Ali Baba cave for every documentation about our cars, including some in English, Dutch, Spanish etc...
Brochures & Catalogues Automobiles (2819 items on 17/11/2020)
If you fancy any of them, ask them via E-mail. They are very helpful and even the brochures are not all available on their online shop, you can get all of them for a fair price. Mine costs 4€ + postage.

I'm happy to show you the special cardboard leaflet about my 1994 Limited Edition. Issued in April 1994 since my cabby was sold in Paris to the first owner on the 23rd of August same year. That limited Edition offered the higher spec of the 216 cab.
That's for the story.

But going deeper into details the oddest bit I should notice is I've got everything but a few features.
  • 15" alloys: ticked
  • anti-theft bolts: ticked
  • electric hood: ticked
  • electric front windows: ticked
  • cream leather seats: ticked
  • BRG paint (only colour): ticked
  • bumpers matching with the body colour: ticked
  • electric antenna: ticked
  • heated rear window: ticked
  • emergency hood: now ticked (I've recently bought one)
and some others as you can read.
And I've got the hood cover (right colour now: beige) which was likely an extra for it's not mentioned on the leaflet.
But
  • electric mirrors: missing
  • fog lamps: missing
Why?

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #244 (Edited)
Here we are. At last I've got the last bit of the cable USB to USB OTG.
And I've found a direct way to link the engine bay & the cabin. But that small grommet inside is very deceiving because once taken off there's no actual hole behind and I was going nowhere.
Then I've taken off the larger grommet in the engine bay, close (approx. 4 inches / 10 centimeters far) to the big bunch of cables protected by a sheath and going to the ECU. I've sent a wire to test the hole and surprise it arrived on the other side stuck to the big bunch of wires, hence 2 holes in the bay and only one in the cabin!
The wire once correctly maintained I've connected the phone with the ECU. but the app Rover Mems despite a friendly chat with its creator looks a pita job to connect. It works sometimes only but mainly it doesn't find out the connection and moreover the design of the app is rather on the rustic side.
However there's another app Mems Diag (Lite) which connects at once and whose ergonomics looks rather better. Only downside: sometimes the app looks crashing & disappear, but may be connected again at once.
I think I'll buy the full one for less than 10 €. Not to drain my kitty!
BTW it looks that Torque Pro does accept OBD2 plugs only.
I'll keep you posted because I'm still waiting for some small magnets to keep the phone in place.
Some pics later.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #245 (Edited)
Some more news today.
I've tested Mems Diag full version: we were going to a not too far drive-in restaurant (25km x 2 or 31 mls).
It looks very comprehensive with lots of entries and you can choose to display either text or graphic.
And icing on the cake a few adaptations / tuning may be done: rpm idle, ignition offset, idle fueling trim, etc...
Here are 2 sneaky peeps:

BTW I'm puzzled by the surprising low voltage while the car is running: 11.3 V / 11.4 V.
Back home, the car being at a stand still, I've checked twice (once with my multimeter, then with the charger) and the result is the same: 12.2 V.
Does that say that the alternator is gone? The BOSCH battery is nearly new & regularly checked & maintained.
Thanks for your help. :)

EDIT: when inlet temperature reads -27°, it's normal because of the 22 kOhms resistor I've fitted (E85).

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #246 (Edited)
I've found a good used 65A alternator with 6 months guarantee in France on a scrappers website called Opisto, where I'd already found a gearbox a year ago from a 1997 216 and I was very pleased with their offer.
This time it's not from the same seller but the new one is highly rated as well. It's coming from a 1995 214 engine 14K4F. The car had only done 72k km or 45k mls! And it looks nearly pristine compared to my old (original?) one hence I assume it had been swapped not so long ago before the end of the road. My service belt being hardly a year old I assume that my good mechanic will fit it back. And for a decent price: 59€ + 15€ shipping, grand total 74€ / £65.
Therefore cable & software above were a good move for they helped me sorting at once a rather annoying issue! (y)

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Alternator arrived today.
Delco Remy DRA3286 with regulator included Mobiletron Lucas VT-LC111 made in England, as it reads on the label.
It looks fairly decent, clean & tidy when mine is clearly dusty, greasy & dark ash grey!
BTW it could have been only a faulty regulator. Who knows? Anyway no more trouble swapping the lot...
Appointment made for next Tuesday with my good mechanic.

Reactions: gnu and Roverlike
241 - 247 of 247 Posts