MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice please,
I am sure this has been asked before, but I am relatively new to the forum. I have looked on the frequently ask thread but no luck.
Has any one got a recomendation for a engine remap. I am based in the West Midlands. I was talking to a guy and he had his done near Banbury but had forgot the name.
Nothing to drastic required. He discribed his as better throtle response and a pop and crackle on the exhaust note. Oh and a little better mpg always a bonus..

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
MG TF 135
8 Posts
Hi Rob, I have had 2 remaps from kmaps.co.uk and was very pleased with results. MGF VVC and MG TF 135. Mark Stacey is the main man there and was involved with original MGRover development of the MEMS software back in the day. Check out their website. Cheers Mark

·
Registered
MG TF 135
8 Posts
MIL is malfunction indicator light, sometimes also called engine check light. Its the warning light with a picture of an engine. I assume if you have ECU remapped , or change exhaust / lambda / cat to not standard it may through a checksum fault / ODB code and a MIL light. I assume this stops the reprogramming generating a MIL light?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mark.
Spoke Kmaps very helpful. Car booked in this Friday.
Thanks again for the advise..

Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had my remap and engine clean done last week, down here in Somerset. £285.
Have to say if i'm being totally honest not noticing a lot of difference in performance at all.
At least i can be happy my engine is clean i guess, though it does feel I've wasted my money.

·
Registered
rover_25
101 Posts
Had my remap and engine clean done last week, down here in Somerset. £285.
Have to say if i'm being totally honest not noticing a lot of difference in performance at all.
At least i can be happy my engine is clean i guess, though it does feel I've wasted my money.
Who remapped it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello , It was done by Atlas remapping, he was very good and talked me through what he was doing at the time.
I seemed to feel a slight increase in power at first, but i can't say for sure it wasn't just me being enthusiastic.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Steve Abbotts - SAWS Tuning, Manchester - is a very skillful & trustful man. Very good job for a very fair price.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I Got the car into Kmaps and I am happy with the results. Appreciating the limitations of the car, it has made it a lot nicer to drive.

I know that might sound a little woolly but I think that best describes it. I am sure on paper it is a little quicker and more economical. All the incremental changes add up to a smoother drive..
Although he played with the parameters on the exhaust, it is still a little muted so I think that may be the next job.

Good job done!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts