MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone considered or already done their Door Pillars ?
I don't like the dull state of them and should like to have them shinier; I have no idea if they can be polished up to make them so, or maybe there's another solution?. Obviously it wouldn't be unique to the 75 as it would surely be the same for all Rovers.
I don't know exactly what they are termed as other than door pillars.
Look forward to hearing from anyone.
Thanks

·
Registered
rover_45
19 Posts
Has anyone considered or already done their Door Pillars ?
I don't like the dull state of them and should like to have them shinier; I have no idea if they can be polished up to make them so, or maybe there's another solution?. Obviously it wouldn't be unique to the 75 as it would surely be the same for all Rovers.
I don't know exactly what they are termed as other than door pillars.
Look forward to hearing from anyone.
Thanks
Never repainted outside of upper door but did replace them when I bought my 75 cdt in 2009. You might want to give the insides a rub down and spray/brush waxoyl on them
as condensation sometimes causes rust on insides.

·
Registered
rover_75
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never repainted outside of upper door but did replace them when I bought my 75 cdt in 2009. You might want to give the insides a rub down and spray/brush waxoyl on them
as condensation sometimes causes rust on insides.
When you say you replaced them , can you recall where you bought the replacements from and how much it cost in total ( inclusive of removal and replacement)? Did you do it yourself or did you get a professional to do that?
I will try the waxoyl and see if there's any improvement.
Thank you

·
Registered
rover_75
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you say you replaced them , can you recall where you bought the replacements from and how much it cost in total ( inclusive of removal and replacement)? Did you do it yourself or did you get a professional to do that?
I will try the waxoyl and see if there's any improvement.
Thank you
Sorry Glen, I searched for Waxoyl and read your comment again. Thankfully I don't have any rust on the outer or inner door pillars. I wanted to basically polish up the door pillars ( outside) as I wasn't happy with the dull finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts