MG-Rover.org Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Got my ZS back on Friday. Looks as good as new. The dealership cleaned off the rust areas, treated it with a rust treatment, painted the metal and then waxoyl'd. Obviously I'll be keeping a close eye on things, but looks good.
Do you know if they stripped the paint back to bare metal or just to the primer?

Cheers..

·
Registered
3 Posts
October 2018 White Zs

All 4 jacking areas have rust. Both Diagonal black braces going between the wing and the slam panel and where you have 2 pieces of metal together around the bonnet catch area.

To be honest I only noticed a jacking point in an empty Sainsburys carpark whilst walking from a distance to the car. Being white it gives it away quite a bit. I then checked it over. It's going in tomorrow for a report to be done and use my photos.

Now I can understand may be a little rust somewhere possibly but this suggests to me that may be some anti rust process has been missed at the factory? If this is the case it's never going to be a good car!!
Hi

My 2019 10,000 miles white zs now rusting in same areas spotted by independent mechanic at second service
Going into dealer next week
Mg direct contact with Photos was an immediate dead end and advised dealer inspection essentially
What was your outcome in the end

·
Registered
3 Posts
The domain was due to expire on 17th July. I looked at the logs to see if it was worth keeping it running but the traffic has died right down to nearly nothing althoughat the hight was getting up to 2000 hits a day, Could even see when MG had been looking ta the site lol.

The Skoda was just something that tripped out in the really hot weather, mass air flow temp sensor not inline with other sensors.

I will still be floating about if some need to get in touch ref the MG and can always zip up any pics if someone needs them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All

keen for some advice and input re above photos!
2 year old mg on Blackhorse finance hirepurchase through mg dealer
going for dealer inspection next week after being identified by independent mechanic Last week

81 - 86 of 86 Posts