MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Charity Car Wash

11K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  steve-45 
#1 ·
Just putting the feelers out to see if people on here would be interested in coming to my charity car wash this summer sometime :)

My girlfriends and I will be doing one in the warmer months as in traditional manor not much will be worn ;)

We were just thinking of setting up in a supermarket car park somewhere near to us and seeing who we got in but then I though if i advertised the fact on here... maybe we'd get more people :D or we could even do it at a show maybe...

if anyone has any ideas of where we could do it I'd be more than grateful :broon:

Thanks
S

#6 ·
LOL don't be silly... I know how to wash a car and don't worry all ladies will br briefed before, it won't involve any claying though as it takes too long and we might (hopefully) have a few cars to get through :broon:

I reckon me and ROVER-25X could get a rival setup going with us wearing our mankinis. ;)
i never said men couldn't join in too ;)

#9 ·
would be near here, at a show maybe or event near here, hopefully :) will know nearer the time, I don't know though to be honest if we can just turn up at a show and do this or whether we have to pay for a stand or what :dunno: i've only ever gone to shows as a walker-rounder :O

#13 ·
YAY Kayleigh well help :D whooo :wooman:

Can feel a drive to Hampton coming on..........
Yay, that's the spirit :D

although, in all seriousness we are going to need to do this at either a big .org meet or a big meet of some sorts because it's not fair to the people who live far away from me to come all that way just for a wash :dunno: do you think people would mind if we "piggy backed" on the back of a big summer meet?

#20 ·
yay :)

well hopefully us girls will be able to piggy back a big summer meet, so you wont just be coming to get a wash but to do whatever it is this meet is doing too :D

going to try and get more girls because atm we only have the three of us and if i get a big enough meet... looks like i'll need more!? :errx2:

#27 ·
Sounds like a good idea, but on a more pratical side having been involved in a few car shows - both organising and exhibiting - it would be best to arrange this with the organisers in advance and not just turn up.

Another consideration is the water supply as most show venues tend to have a limited or no supply of water - check this out in advance.

good luck with your venture and my car always seems to need a wash too.......:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.