MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Long time reader of these forums for all kinds of things, so apologies for not being a more 'present' member of the community but, this issue has forced my hand.

Obviously, I have a problem with which I require some assistance.

I have a TF which has slipped its bonnet release catch/cable and I can see that folks are unwilling to post the solution publicly (which I completely understand).
Also, because I am a new member, I cannot private message ppl who are offering to furnish the solution to those who contact them in that way.
Please can someone PM me with the solution as I need to get under the bonnet for a number of reasons, not least of which is the headlamp alignment in order to pass a French Controle Technique.

Many, many thanks in advance for any help given but really, I need to know how to get this done ASAP.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Last time I posted a link on how its done it was gone in seconds...cannot recall link so can't even message you it but did see a post on a facebook group recently regarding it so have messaged you the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Even knowing the 'secret' it does not help if you have aircon, due to the aircon radiator. My way takes about an hour (take the front bumper of which means getting to the bolts in the jam, no easy task). No burglar is going to:

1. Spend the time
2. Find anything of real value kept in the front (other than the battery)

The MGF is hardly a Porsche.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks you two, I have a 2004 TF 135 so there's no aircon.
I have taken the valance/grill off before to release the headlamp units, in order to switch the lights to Euro driving mode. I know that's impossible to do without releasing the bonnet, as there are 4 or 5 screws in the top of the grill which need to be undone.

I'll try the 'secret' method which dert has kindly shared with me privately. To be fair, it sounds as much of a PITA as yours Julian.

Thanks again for the replies/help :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts