MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to everybody for there help over the last few months it has helped me doing up my mg tf . After fixing the brakes , changing the head gasket , water pump timing belt and tensioner as well as rear drop links also repairing both sils and spraying . Flushing the coolant system and replacing the prt thermostat . Painting the sub frame . I now have it ready for a mot on Wednesday so all been well be on the road ? I haven’t driven it on the road yet so looking forward to it . Will let you all know how I get on . Also replaced rubber boots for back track rods ends and fixed the wiper arm ball joint . Know it’s the wrong time of year to drive a car like this but cant wait .

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Good luck for Wednesday! Get a hard top and its ok all year round car- I drove mine all year as my 2nd car. Last year was a mild winter, so I didn't put the top on it. Even a fail or minor- you will be a step further. They have more character than a euro box. My son has an Ibiza that I was told to buy him as his first car- it still looks as good as the first day he got it, still drives fine, eats batteries if not used but has no soul- everything works on it...

·
Registered
rover_75
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck for Wednesday! Get a hard top and its ok all year round car- I drove mine all year as my 2nd car. Last year was a mild winter, so I didn't put the top on it. Even a fail or minor- you will be a step further. They have more character than a euro box. My son has an Ibiza that I was told to buy him as his first car- it still looks as good as the first day he got it, still drives fine, eats batteries if not used but has no soul- everything works on it...
Cheers Patm
Will let you know how I get on

·
Registered
rover_75
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Patm
Will let you know how I get on
Hi got a hardtop in the process of spraying it . Trying to build up the lacquer layers at the moment to get it to shine . Very diy spraying but was crazy cracked before

1 - 6 of 6 Posts